Ayurvedic View, Concept and Treatment of Lichen Planus
(Lichen planus wellness kit) Lichen planus is a skin condition that can cause swelling and irritation in the skin, hair, nails and mucous membranes. On the skin, lichen planus usually appears as purplish, itchy, flat bumps that develop over several weeks. In the mouth, vagina and other areas covered by a mucous membrane, lichen planus forms lacy white patches, sometimes with painful sores
Ayurvedic Prospective of Lichen Planus.
Ayurveda considers digestion to be the primary factor in the pathology of disease. In the case of psoriasis, a compromised digestive system leads to an increase of pitta dosha into rasa dhatu. Pitta dosha is an Ayurvedic principle of physiology representing the energy of transformation in the body. Rasa dhatu is the first tissue created from the process of digestion and is akin to plasma, serum, white blood cells and the lymphatic system.
Vitiation of Dosha in Lichen Planus
Lichen Planus is caused by vitiation of Vata and Kapha dosha. The vitiated doshas affect the skin and blood tissues. They also influence water element of the affected region on skin. Thus the skin which is influenced by affected doshas becomes discolored (Violet ), scaly and thin with new mature skin cells.
According to Ayurveda principles the vitiated vata dries the water element of skin and also initiate rapid growth of skin tissue. The vitiated Kapha dosha causes itching on the affected skin. The blood which is affected by vata and kapha adversely influences healing process.
Ayurvedic Treatment of Lichen Planus
According to Ayurveda, the skin has seven layers and so extends itself to the deeper levels of the body. Due to this skin conditions such as Lichen Planus have deep rooted causes. In treating lichen planus, Ayurveda recommends a comprehensive treatment strategy that involves strengthening your digestion and detoxifying and eliminating toxins. Addressing your diet, and not only how you eat, but also when and what, is important. Herbal formulas support digestion and aid in the detoxifying process.
In treating lichen planus, ayurveda recommends a comprehensive treatment strategy that involves strengthening your digestion and detoxifying and eliminating toxins. Addressing your diet, and not only how you eat, but also when and what, is important. Herbal formulas support digestion and aid in the detoxifying process.
Ayurvedic treatment of lichen planus aims to rid the body of accumulated toxins. Ayurveda’s primary purification and detoxification method is a process known as panchakarma, which uses a combination of therapies to cleanse the body and balance the doshas.
After the detoxification process, patients undergo a period of rest that may involve a special diet.
Ayurveda Kit For Lichen Planus
Lichen Planus Ayurvedic Kit is derived by our team of expert Qualified Ayurvedic Doctors. Herbs in this kit not only helps in curing Lichen Disorders, moreover corrects metabolism. Rasayana herbs provides nutrition, strengthens immunity and Improves overall health of body.
Lichen Planus is chronic skin disease and Ayurveda is the first and safest line of treatment for Lichen Disorders. With natural herbs of Ayurveda it is possibility of recovery from this skin condition.
This kit contains different types of Ayurvedic Capsules having Combination of different herbs in their extract form.
These herbal formulations which helps in checking the growth of toxins formation and helps to eliminates the diseased cells from the body.
In oral lichen planus mouth There are many kinds of lichen disorders.
Price and Medicines are decided according to the medicines used. Our Ayurvedic Doctor will go through the History, talk with patient and after proper analysis they decide the Customized Kit for the Patient.
- 60 Ayurvedic Capsules – Contains Combination of Many Ayurvedic herbs. Helps to enhance Immunity
- 60 Ayurvedic Capsules – Contains Combination of Many Ayurvedic herbs. Helps to detoxify body and deep tissues
- 60 Ayurvedic Tablets – Contains Combination of Many Ayurvedic herbs. Improves circulation and provides skin nutrition
- 30 Ayurvedic Pills – Contains Combination of Many Ayurvedic herbs. Helps the cells and tissues rejuvenates.
- Lichen Care Cream for Local Application. It helps to remove the dead skin, nourishes skin and helps to reduce itching and scars.
- Mouth Lotion for Oral Lichen Planus Only.
Scope of Ayurveda in Lichen Planus
According to Ayurveda principles each and every person has different ratio of dosha and dhatu. So each case of Lichen Plnaus is considered different. Ayurveda is mostly recommended worldwide for the treatment of Lichen planus. Our team of Ayurveda Experts Doctors takes the proper history of patient then decide medicines according to the analysis. If the patient had already taken steroid therapy, then it may take more time from those who did not taken steroids. Most of the patients gives good respond with Ayur-Sudha’s Ayurvedic Kit for lichen planus. Majority of case got permanent relief from this conditions, around 1 – 5% may get relapse after many years. It is an Auto Immune Disorder, controlling the further spread is the first step, if it is achieved that means body is responding well to medicines.
We have many patients visited to our Ayurvedic Centre for Lichen Planus treatment from England, Italy, Germany, Dubai and many other countries for Chronic Skin Diseases. Ayur-Sudha is one of the top Ayurvedic treatment for Skin diseases in India. Our location is in Jalandhar City, Punjab.
Duration of treatment
There are many factors which decides duration of treatment. If the patient is suffering from many years then the disease causing factors goes deep to dhatus (tissues) of the body and it takes time to reach those toxins and detox the body. Our Ayurveda Experts Doctors analyse the patient by applying principles of Ayurveda and find out up to which dhatu toxins are residing, what is the constitution of body, which dosha gets vitiated etc. Clinically we have seen good visible results in 3-4 months in most of the cases, but results usually varies from patient to patient.
Modern Concept of Lichen Planus
Lichen planus is a chronic recurrent rash that is due to inflammation. The rash is characterized by small, flat-topped, many-sided (polygonal) bumps that can grow together into rough, scaly plaques on the skin. There may also be a rash in the lining (mucous membranes) of the mouth or vagina.
Lichen planus is a very curious and poorly understood skin condition. Its name is descriptive in that to some it resembles a simple plant, a lichen, that grows on rocks and tree bark, while planus is Latin for flat.
Lichen planus is a chronic recurrent rash of unknown cause with no established cure.
Lichen planus generally affects adults and can involve any portion of the body, but it has a predilection for the wrists, ankles, and oral and genital tissues.
Lichen planus can be quite itchy.
Lichen planus may spontaneously resolve.
Causes of Lichen Planus
- According to Modern Concept, It is known as Auto Immune disorder , so the cause is unknown.
- Patients with extensive lichen planus seems to be more likely to have Hepatitis C virus infection of the liver.
- Some drugs that contains Arsenic , Bismuth may produce an eruptio which appears identical to lichen planus.
- Long term use of medications like Quinacrine or Quinidine ( Quinidine Gluconate , Quinidine Sulfate ) , which are anti-malarial.
- Certain microscopic organisms and worms may produce hypertrophic Lichen Planus of the lower legs and other skin and systemic disturbances.
- Lichenoid eruptions may occur in graft Versus Host disease in the patients who have received bone marrow transplant.
Classical Features of Lichen Planus
- Classical Lichen Planus is shiny, flat topped, firm papules varying from pin point size to larger than a centimeter.
- They are purple coloured and often are crossed by fine white lines called “Wickham’s Striae”.
- They may be closed together or widespread or grouped in lines or rings.
- It is very itchy most of the time but it may be symptomless sometimes.
- Lichen planus may affect any area but the most common areas are front of the wrists, lower back and ankles.
- New lesions may appear while others are clearing. As the papules of Lichen planus gets clear they are often replaced by areas of greyish brown discolouration, especially in darker skinned people. This is known as post inflammatory hyperpigmentation and can persist for months..
Most common Lichen disorders we are clinically looking
Oral Lichen Planus, Lichen Planus Pigmentosus (LPP) , Volvular Lichen Planus, Lichen Sclerosis, Lichen Simplex Chronicus, Vaginal Lichen Planus, Penile Lichen Planus, Mucosal Sites, Lichen Planopilaris, Lichen Planus Nail, Actinic Lichen Planus, Bullous Lichen Planus.
Price for One Month Lichen Disorders Kit is
according to the medicines used in different patients, including Packaging and Postage.
For more information and ordering this kit visit our website
Call or WhatsApp us at +91-98033-56060/ +91-98030-39369