Acne is a common skin disease characterized by pimples on the face, chest, and back. It occurs when the pores of the skin become clogged with oil, dead skin cells, and bacteria. Acne is a message from your body telling you that something is wrong inside.
According Ayurveda acne is known as “Yuvan Pidika”. It believes that the tridoshas (vata, pitta, kapha) in the form of tissues controls all activities of the body and aggravated doshas are main reasons in eruption of acne. This is found more often in adolescent when there is excessive secretion from the oil glands, according to ayurveda distortion in the air (Vat Dosha) and phlegm (Kapha Dosha) causes further distortion of the blood or Rakt Dhatu.
Vata when gets vitiated due to unhealthy diet and lifestyles affects other two doshas (kapha and pitta) to aggravate them.
Aggravated pitta affects rakta dhatu or blood. The vitiated blood affects the skin and causes excess secretion of oil from sebaceous glands. Acne due to a Pitta vitiation are generally red, soft, small and tend to be aggravated in hot weather
Kapha has sticky property. Aggravated kapha imparts the stickiness to the oil produced by sebaceous glands of skin. Thus the thick sebaceous plugs are formed in skin pores and hair follicles leading to eruption of acne. The lesions are pale, hard, fairly large, have an oily secretion and tend to aggravate in cold weather
- Age : teenagers are more prone to develop acne.
- Cosmetics: Make-up and any other chemical treatment can make acne worse.
- Disease : Hormonal disorders can increase the severity of acne problems in girls.
- Drugs : Acne can develop as a result of using certain drugs. (tranquilizers, antibiotics, oral contraceptives, and steroids).
- Personal hygiene: Strong soaps, hard scrubbing, and pricking at pimples can make acne worse.
- Stress : Emotional stress can contribute to acne.
- Environment: Exposure to polluted environment & sweating can also make the condition worse.
- Gender : Boys are more likely to develop acne and tend to have more serious cases than girls.
- Hormonal changes : Acne can flare up during menstruation, pregnancy, and menopause.
- Diet : Fatty & oily foods can make affect acne.
There are various types of pimples
- Whiteheads – remain under the skin and are very small.
- Blackheads – clearly visible, they are black and appear on the surface of the skin. Remember that a blackhead is not caused by dirt. Scrubbing your face vigorously when you see blackheads will not help.
- Papules – visible on the surface of the skin. They are small bumps, usually pink.
- Pustules – clearly visible on the surface of the skin. They are red at their base and have pus at the top.
- Nobules – clearly visible on the surface of the skin. They are large, solid pimples. They are painful and are embedded deep in the skin.
- Cysts – clearly visible on the surface of the skin. They are painful, and are filled with pus. Cyst can easily cause scars.
- Acne vulgaris or cystic acne is large pimples, which show a Pitta or Kapha imbalance. It is aggravated by overconsumption of sweets, fats, oils, red meat, seafood, coffee, alcohol, and tobacco, as well as emotional stress and attachment (inability to “let go”), inactivity, and feelings of possessiveness, depression, and purposelessness.
- Acne rosacea is red rash on the nose and cheeks that may be very sensitive or burning. It shows a Pitta imbalance and is aggravated by anger, frustration, disappointment, over – ambition, stress and pressure, hot weather, sun, hot spices, sour fruits, fermented foods, soda, sweets, deep fried foods, antibiotics, and harsh chemical peels.
Acne is the result of high Pitta moving under the skin and breaking out in pimples
Signs & Symptoms
It is characterized by comedones (blackheads), papules (pimples), and pustules (blisters). Sometimes it leads to darkening of the skin, crusted, or puffy skin.
Inflamed pores can cause pain or itching. The most troubling aspect of acne for many people is the scarring that can occur. And, while acne may not be very noticeable, individuals tend to be sensitive about their appearance. Teenagers especially may become concerned about the way other people react to them.
Ayurveda, treats acne by balancing doshas by adopting the modified diet and life styles, herbal tablets, massaging face regularly with herbal creams and packs. Also it helps one has to find constructive ways to let off steam and express their emotions regularly in a calm, honest way which can also be cited as one of the reason for acne.
AYUR SUDHA’s Ayurveda Experts formulated and tested to treat all types of acne & skin.
- 100% natural active ingredients, safe with no side effects
- Formulated by a certified herbalist
- Treat the root cause of Acne
- Exclusive time-tested formula attacks severe acne formation
- Effective for acne on different parts of body for all ages of men, women and children
Results: 3 to 4 Weeks
Treatment Includes : Oral Supplement, Topical formulations , Herbal Face Pack/Mask
Treatment time: Differ depending on how serious the acne is.
Herbal Anti Acne Face Pack
Herbal pack supplies the necessary nourishment to the skin cells as it deeply penetrates into subcutaneous tissues and muscles. The observed contents of this pack controls the over discharge of sebum from sebaceous glands and removes the harmful bacteria inside the ace lesion. Regular use of this herbal face pack stops re-occurrence of acne and removes the acne pits (scars) from root.
- Restores the lost shine and glow of skin in short span of time
- Removes dead skin cells
- Reduces spots (scars) of pimples
- Provides relaxing and soothing effects to the skin
Directions for Use: Apply 1/4 to 1/2 tea spoon of the pack/mask or the sufficient quantity diluted with rose water or curd (as required) to cover the complete affected area. Leave it for a 20- 30 min. Use once daily.
Herbal Supplement For Skin
It Works on all types of acne and on all levels of severity, including teen acne, adult acne, cystic acne, acne on different parts of the body (face, chest, neck, shoulders, back)
- Herbal Skin Supplement & its natural herbs helps to balance all three body humour or doshas (vatta, pitta, kapha).
- Restores the lost shine and glow of skin internally by blood purifying process.
- Contains specific nutrients that are not easily obtained from dietary sources alone that influence on healthy skin, as deficiencies of specific nutrients can lead to acne.
- Helps reducing sebum production, and killing bacteria.
- Ensures acne stimulating factors will not be reactivated again.
Daily Acne Care
By keeping your skin in a healthy environment, your chances of preventing and minimizing the ill effects of acne.
- Gently wash-do not scrub-the affected areas once or twice every day. Use lukewarm water.
- Avoid rough cleansers.
- Use makeup and skin moisturizers that do not produce comedones. Choose only oil-free cosmetics. Shampoo often and wear hair away from the face.
- Give dry pimples a limited amount of sun exposure.
- Do not prick or squeeze pimples. Keep Your Hands Away from Your Skin
- Reduce stress.
- Shave gently and avoid opening up existing lesions.
Prevent Body Acne
- Avoid wearing tight clothing since cutting off the air circulation to your back or neck is bad for your skin.
- Wear loose clothing made from a breathable fabric like 100% cotton or high percentage cotton mixes to promote good circulation and ventilation. Be sure to thoroughly rinse your clothes after they’ve gone through the wash cycle to make sure that no detergent or starchy residue is remaining.
- Avoid skin irritating products like strong perfumes or colognes.
- Also be careful of wearing backpacks or bags with tight shoulder straps that will plaster your bag against your back or chafe your skin.