The brown spots or patches on both sides of the face, especially on the cheeks, upper lips, nose and chin are called melasma. The distribution is usually symmetrical. Melasma is mainly seen in women of childbearing age.
The colour in melasma darkens during sunlight exposure. Melasma tends to occur during pregnancy and with the use of oral contraceptives.
Melasma may fade after childbirth or discontinuation of oral contraceptives, but it tends to persist.
Treatment of Melasma
Ayurvedic Medicines play very important role in Skin & Cosmetic problems, there are many medicines for skin problems.
For Melasma –
– HERBAL FACE PACK
– CHANDAN FACE PACK
– KESHAR CHANDAN FACE PACK
– ANTI-BLEMISHING FACE CREAMS
– HERBAL SUN SCREEN LOTIONS
To Do Things :-
1. Remove the underlying cause e.g. oral contraceptives.
2. Use sunscreen regularly and avoid sun exposure as far as possible. This will minimize further darkening of the lesions.
3. Bleaching agents such as hydroquinone can be used to lighten the color. The treatment usually takes several months.
4. Cosmetic camouflage can be used to hide the colour.