AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR DELAYED PERIODS
Although, pregnancy is the most common cause of absence of period or menstruation (Amenorrhoea). Many times, the women will assure that they are definitely not pregnant. So, there are many other causes of amenorrhoea.
AYUR SUDHA’S AYURVEDIC KIT FOR DELAYED PERIODS .
- Oral Herbal Medicines in Capsules and Tablets form. The Medicine is decided after the complete history and after assessing the proper cause for the delayed periods.
- The duration of the course is for Three to Six Months. In some cases it may extend to year or more according to the cause.
CAUSES OF DELAYED PERIODS
- Breastfeeding: – Breastfeeding mothers may usually experience amenorrhoea due to the hormonal changes, however ovulation may still occur and pregnancy is possible even without menstruation.
- Stressful Life :-Emotional stress & work stress is another possible cause of absence of menstruation. Eliminating the stress usually will cause menstruation to resume.
- Medications :-Certain medications such as contraceptives (oral, implanted, and injected), oral corticosteroids, antidepressants, antipsychotics, thyroid, and some chemotherapy drugs may cause amenorrhoea for some women.
- Ovarian Cyst :-Hormonal imbalance or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is a common form of hormonal imbalance which may cause amenorrhoea, as well as other symptoms that can include the other extreme with excessive bleeding (menorrhagia).
- Imbalanced diet :-Females who are malnourished or extremely underweight often experience amenorrhoea. This occurs often in women with eating disorders such as anorexia or bulimia.
- Nature of work :-Sports , dance & Vigorous exercise or athletic training can cause amenorrhoea.
- Thyroid problems :- Many of the cases of amenorrhoea suffer from undiagnosed thyroid disease; another possibility that should be explored by your physician.
- Chronic illness :-The chronic illness leads to loss of nutrition also, or have been sick for an extended period, then the menstrual cycle may be temporarily delayed. Once the body is well period will usually return.
- Pituitary tumor :-Although a very rare, usually benign tumor can cause an overproduction of prolactin which can interfere with the regulation of your menstrual cycle.